Highpass Sharpen is an Adobe Photoshop plugin that introduces another method of sharpening using highpass frequencies. This method is usually used by professionals in production environments and it is not a widely known technique. The benefit, some professionals will say, is that it brings more control to the sharpening process. Highpass sharpening is especially useful for photography thus making this filter quite popular among professional photographers and photo retouchers.
Highpass Sharpen presents all the features one would come to expect from such a tool. A radius slider provides full control over the size of the highpass frequency while the intensity feature controls how dramatic the effect should be. The user can choose to display the working composite or just the highpass layer for precise modifications.
Adding an additional level of power is the ability to output the highpass layer in overlay mode or hardlight mode.
Highpass Sharpen supports both 8 bits / channel and 16 bits / channel color modes for professional workflows.
Radius: Defines the size of the highpass effect.
Intensity: Specifies the highpass intensity.
Display Highpass: Displays the highpass layer.
Display Composite: Displays the composite layer.
Overlay Mode: Sets the highpass mode to overlay.
Hard Light Mode: Sets the highpass mode to hard light.
- v1.0 – First release.
- v1.1 – 64 bit release.
- v1.1 – 16 bits / channels color support.
- v1.2 – Cleaned up help information.
Installing this software is easy and only requires three simple steps:
1 – Download the software by clicking on the Download Demo button located above on the software page. This will prompt you to save a .zip file on your computer.
2 – Extract the contents from the .zip file and place the .8bf file into your host’s plugin folder. For instance, to install for Adobe Photoshop CS6, place the .8bf file into the location shown below. You can make a sub-folder to keep your plugins organized, such as the one below. Please make sure 64 bit plugins such as these are placed in the corresponding 64 bit Adobe Photoshop plugin folder.
If you’re using Photoshop CC (eg. version 2013 – 2019 or later), your Photoshop plug-ins are stored in a folder shared between all Photoshop CC versions shown below.
3 – Launch Adobe Photoshop, open an image and click on Filter > Richard Rosenman > Filter Name. If the filter is grayed out, it may not support your current image color depth.
If you have purchased a commercial license, please review the activation section.
This software is compatible with the following OS:
- Windows 10 Home 64 bit
- Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
- Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows 10 Education 64 bit
- Windows 8 64 bit
- Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
- Windows 8 Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bit
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
- Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
- Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit
- Windows Vista Business 64 bit
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit
- Windows XP 64 bit
- Windows XP Professional 64 bit
This software is compatible with the following hosts:
- Any host capable of running Adobe Photoshop 64 bit compliant plugins
- Adobe Photoshop (Version CS5 or higher, including CC) 64 bit
- Adobe Photoshop Elements (Version 13 or higher, including CC) 64 bit
- Adobe Illustrator (Version CS6 or higher, including CC) 64 bit
- Computerinsel Photoline 64 (Version 16 or higher) 64 bit
- CorelDRAW (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
- Corel Painter (Version 12.1 or higher) 64 bit
- Corel Paint Shop Pro (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
- Corel Photo-Paint (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
- Paint.NET (with the PSFilterPdn plugin) 64 bit
- Serif PhotoPlus (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit