Particle Tracer is a plugin for Adobe Photoshop that traces particle trajectories.
Particle Tracer’s powerful features are easy to use. Particles can be easily set up by the tens, hundreds or thousands with a respective lifespan. Randomness can be added to the lifespans for truly natural results.
A step size feature allows for fine-tuning of the path density along with gamma correction.
Important features such as particle brightness and accompanying randomness add a touch of chaos to the particle system. Particle color randomization provides subtle or drastic color deviation.
Particle-dependent coloring features such as increasing brightness, decreasing brightness or both allow particles to eerily fade out and decay while various color mapping modes including single color, double color and spectral color provide a limitless number of beautiful coloring techniques. Additionally, particles can be colored by particle ID or lifespan.
Particle Tracer is 100% multi-threaded capable of using an unlimited number of cores for ultimate speed.
Particle Tracer supports both 8 bits / channel and 16 bits / channel color modes for professional workflows.
Particles: Defines the number of particles to trace.
Age: Specifies how long each particle will be traced for.
Age Rnd: Randomizes the particle age.
Step Size: Fine-tunes the distance between steps pixels.
Brightness: Adjusts the brightness of the particle trace.
Brightness Rnd: Randomizes the particle trace brightness.
Color Rnd: Randomizes the color.
Seed: Changes the random generator seed.
Intensity Mapping: Specifies the type of intensity mapping to apply.
Color Mode: Specifies the type of color mode to apply.
Color A: Defines particle color A.
Swap: Interchanges color A with color B.
Rnd: Generates random particle colors.
Color B: Defines particle color B.
Color Mapping: Specifies how to map color to the particle. Color by distance will map color A to the start position of the particle and transition to color B throughout the duration of it’s life. Color by particle will assign color A to some particles and color B to others.
Background Color: Applies a solid color to the background.
Background Color Swatch: Specifies the background color.
Gamma Corr: Applies gamma correction to the paths.
- v1.0 – 64 bit release.
- v1.1 – Cleaned up help information.
Installing this software is easy and only requires three simple steps:
1 – Download the software by clicking on the Download Demo button located above on the software page. This will prompt you to save a .zip file on your computer.
2 – Extract the contents from the .zip file and place the .8bf file into your host’s plugin folder. For instance, to install for Adobe Photoshop CS6, place the .8bf file into the location shown below. You can make a sub-folder to keep your plugins organized, such as the one below. Please make sure 64 bit plugins such as these are placed in the corresponding 64 bit Adobe Photoshop plugin folder.
If you’re using Photoshop CC (eg. version 2013 – 2019 or later), your Photoshop plug-ins are stored in a folder shared between all Photoshop CC versions shown below.
3 – Launch Adobe Photoshop, open an image and click on Filter > Richard Rosenman > Filter Name. If the filter is grayed out, it may not support your current image color depth.
If you have purchased a commercial license, please review the activation section.
This software is compatible with the following OS:
- Windows 10 Home 64 bit
- Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
- Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows 10 Education 64 bit
- Windows 8 64 bit
- Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
- Windows 8 Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bit
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
- Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
- Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit
- Windows Vista Business 64 bit
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit
- Windows XP 64 bit
- Windows XP Professional 64 bit
This software is compatible with the following hosts:
- Any host capable of running Adobe Photoshop 64 bit compliant plugins
- Adobe Photoshop (Version CS5 or higher, including CC) 64 bit
- Adobe Photoshop Elements (Version 13 or higher, including CC) 64 bit
- Adobe Illustrator (Version CS6 or higher, including CC) 64 bit
- Computerinsel Photoline 64 (Version 16 or higher) 64 bit
- CorelDRAW (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
- Corel Painter (Version 12.1 or higher) 64 bit
- Corel Paint Shop Pro (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
- Corel Photo-Paint (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
- Paint.NET (with the PSFilterPdn plugin) 64 bit
- Serif PhotoPlus (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit