The Sierpinski Triangle, also called the Sierpinski gasket or the Sierpinski Sieve, is a fractal and attractor with the overall shape of an equilateral triangle, subdivided recursively into smaller equilateral triangles. Much like the Barnsley Fern Fractal, it is a mathematically generated pattern that can be reproducible at any magnification or reduction. It is named after the Polish mathematician Wacław Sierpiński.
This implementation of the Sierpinski Triangle fractal is a no-frills version with ultra-fast processing. It is fully multithreaded and can handle significantly large resolutions using it’s separate preview and render multipliers.
Sierpinski Triangle is 100% multi-threaded capable of using an unlimited number of cores for ultimate speed.
Iterations: Defines the maximum number of iterations to compute. The more iterations performed, the more complete the final image will be, but the longer the computation.
FG Color: Specifies the Sierpinski color.
BG Color: Specifies the background color.
Preview / Render Multipliers: Specifies iteration multipliers for high resolution renders. These multipliers are multiplied by the iterations for both preview window and final render respectively. Therefore a preview with 1,000 iterations and a preview multiplier of 10X will provide 1,000 X 10 = 10,000 total iterations.
- v1.0 – First release.
- v1.1 – Implemented multithreading.
- v1.1 – Significantly increased possible number of samples for high resolution prints.
- v1.1 – Fixed bug in which integer overflow occurred with high preview and/or render multipliers.
- v1.1 – Fixed bug in progress bar didn’t update when using high preview and/or render multipliers.
- v1.1 – Pressing escape allows user to abort rendering.
- v1.2 – 64 bit release.
- v1.3 – Cleaned up help information.
Installing this software is easy and only requires three simple steps:
1 – Download the software by clicking on the Download Demo button located above on the software page. This will prompt you to save a .zip file on your computer.
2 – Extract the contents from the .zip file and place the .8bf file into your host’s plugin folder. For instance, to install for Adobe Photoshop CS6, place the .8bf file into the location shown below. You can make a sub-folder to keep your plugins organized, such as the one below. Please make sure 64 bit plugins such as these are placed in the corresponding 64 bit Adobe Photoshop plugin folder.
If you’re using Photoshop CC (eg. version 2013 – 2019 or later), your Photoshop plug-ins are stored in a folder shared between all Photoshop CC versions shown below.
3 – Launch Adobe Photoshop, open an image and click on Filter > Richard Rosenman > Filter Name. If the filter is grayed out, it may not support your current image color depth.
If you have purchased a commercial license, please review the activation section.
This software is compatible with the following OS:
- Windows 10 Home 64 bit
- Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
- Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows 10 Education 64 bit
- Windows 8 64 bit
- Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
- Windows 8 Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bit
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
- Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
- Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit
- Windows Vista Business 64 bit
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit
- Windows XP 64 bit
- Windows XP Professional 64 bit
This software is compatible with the following hosts:
- Any host capable of running Adobe Photoshop 64 bit compliant plugins
- Adobe Photoshop (Version CS5 or higher, including CC) 64 bit
- Adobe Photoshop Elements (Version 13 or higher, including CC) 64 bit
- Adobe Illustrator (Version CS6 or higher, including CC) 64 bit
- Computerinsel Photoline 64 (Version 16 or higher) 64 bit
- CorelDRAW (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
- Corel Painter (Version 12.1 or higher) 64 bit
- Corel Paint Shop Pro (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
- Corel Photo-Paint (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
- Paint.NET (with the PSFilterPdn plugin) 64 bit
- Serif PhotoPlus (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit