Solid Border is a powerful plugin for Adobe Photoshop for creating precision borders around images with proportionally-accurate values.
Solid Border provides full horizontal and vertical width adjustment combined with adjustable color intensity. You can enable horizontal and vertical locks for uniform border widths.
Additionally, Solid Border allows you to force an aspect ratio of 1:1 or use the image’s own aspect ratio for horizontal and vertical border thickness. Units can be in percentage or pixels for precise HTML development.
Solid Border supports both 8 bits / channel and 16 bits / channel color modes for professional workflows.
Solid Border takes precision border generation to a whole new level using it’s concise and easy to operate GUI.
Horizontal: This slider controls (in percentage or pixels) the horizontal width of the border. When Lock Vertical to Horizontal is enabled, this also controls the vertical width.
Vertical: This slider controls (in percentage or pixels) the vertical width of the border.
Intensity: This slider controls (in percentage) the intensity of the border.
Lock Vertical to Horizontal: This option locks the vertical slider to the horizontal slider for proportional border widths.
Ignore Aspect Ratio: This option maintains equal horizontal and vertical border widths regardless of the image aspect ratio.
Units: Specifies the width of the border in either percentage or pixel size. This is useful for HTML development.
Color: This color selector specifies the border color.
- v1.0 – First release.
- v1.1 – Fixed a major coding bug. Filter is now hundreds of times faster.
- v1.2 – New GUI design.
- v1.2 – Windows Vista Compatibility.
- v1.3 – Preview image now scales correctly to zoom level.
- v1.3 – Preview no longer flickers on button / slider adjustment.
- v1.3 – Ability to use up to 3 GB of RAM under 32bit Windows (2000, XP, Vista) and 4 GB of RAM under 64bit Windows (2000, XP, Vista).
- v1.4 – 64 bit release.
- v1.4 – Pixels units now works with aspect ratio feature.
- v1.4 – 16 bits / channel color support.
- v1.5 – Cleaned up help information.
Installing this software is easy and only requires three simple steps:
1 – Download the software by clicking on the Download Demo button located above on the software page. This will prompt you to save a .zip file on your computer.
2 – Extract the contents from the .zip file and place the .8bf file into your host’s plugin folder. For instance, to install for Adobe Photoshop CS6, place the .8bf file into the location shown below. You can make a sub-folder to keep your plugins organized, such as the one below. Please make sure 64 bit plugins such as these are placed in the corresponding 64 bit Adobe Photoshop plugin folder.
If you’re using Photoshop CC (eg. version 2013 – 2019 or later), your Photoshop plug-ins are stored in a folder shared between all Photoshop CC versions shown below.
3 – Launch Adobe Photoshop, open an image and click on Filter > Richard Rosenman > Filter Name. If the filter is grayed out, it may not support your current image color depth.
If you have purchased a commercial license, please review the activation section.
This software is compatible with the following OS:
- Windows 10 Home 64 bit
- Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
- Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows 10 Education 64 bit
- Windows 8 64 bit
- Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
- Windows 8 Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bit
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
- Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
- Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit
- Windows Vista Business 64 bit
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit
- Windows XP 64 bit
- Windows XP Professional 64 bit
This software is compatible with the following hosts:
- Any host capable of running Adobe Photoshop 64 bit compliant plugins
- Adobe Photoshop (Version CS5 or higher, including CC) 64 bit
- Adobe Photoshop Elements (Version 13 or higher, including CC) 64 bit
- Adobe Illustrator (Version CS6 or higher, including CC) 64 bit
- Computerinsel Photoline 64 (Version 16 or higher) 64 bit
- CorelDRAW (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
- Corel Painter (Version 12.1 or higher) 64 bit
- Corel Paint Shop Pro (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
- Corel Photo-Paint (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
- Paint.NET (with the PSFilterPdn plugin) 64 bit
- Serif PhotoPlus (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit