Squarify is a plugin for Adobe Photoshop that performs a unique and distinct distortion by scaling the center of the image outwards, decreasing until the extents of the image are met.
Below is a good example of how the distortion works and how it affects image space.
Squarify supports both 8 bits / channel and 16 bits / channel color modes for professional workflows.
Interpolation: Applies pixel interpolation for smooth antialiasing. Options include nearest neighbor, bisquare, bicosine, bilinear and bicubic. Bicubic is the best but takes the longest to compute.
- v1.0 – First release.
- v1.1 – Faster previews.
- v1.2 – New GUI design.
- v1.2 – Windows Vista Compatibility.
- v1.3 – Preview no longer flickers on button / slider adjustment.
- v1.3 – Ability to use up to 3 GB of RAM under 32bit Windows (2000, XP, Vista) and 4 GB of RAM under 64bit Windows (2000, XP, Vista).
- v1.4 – 64 bit release.
- v1.4 – Trimmed down to one algorithm from the previous two.
- v1.4 – 16 bits / channel color support.
- v1.5 – Cleaned up help information.