Peter de Jong Attractor is an ultra-fast and extremely powerful plugin for generating all types of Peter de Jong attractors in Adobe Photoshop. It is built upon the code supplied by the very talented Paul Bourke.
This implementation of the Peter de Jong Attractor features iterations with preview and render multipliers for high resolution renders. It provides the user access to all four coefficients thereby offering a limitless number of possible shapes.
Peter de Jong Attractor features basic color correction tools such as brightness and gamma. It also features a diffusion option that yields unique and striking results.
Peter de Jong Attractor offers selectable axis control, color density mapping options and various coloring techniques including single color, double color, double blend and spectral coloring.
Peter de Jong Attractor is 100% multi-threaded capable of using an unlimited number of cores for ultimate speed.
Peter de Jong Attractor supports both 8 bits / channel and 16 bits / channel color modes for professional workflows.
Iterations: Defines the maximum number of cycles to compute. The more iterations performed, the more complete the final image will be, but the longer the computation.
a,b,c,d: Adjusts the four coefficients that define the attractor shape.
Brightness: Adjusts the brightness of the attractor.
Gamma: Adjusts the midtones of the attractor.
Diffusion: Controls the diffusion of the attractor. Similar to a scattering / blurring effect.
Axis: Specifies which axis to plot the attractor on.
Coloring Density: Specifies the color mapping mode. Each mode may bring out details not previously visible using other modes.
Rnd: Randomizes the coefficients and generates a new fractal.
Color A: Defines attractor color A.
Swap: Swaps color A with color B.
Color B: Defines attractor color B.
Rnd: Generates random attractor colors.
Coloring Mode: Specifies the coloring mode. Single color uses color A. Double color uses color A & B. Double color maps the darker areas to color A and the brighter areas to color B. Spectral uses the full color spectrum using the HSL colorspace.
Preview / Render Multipliers: Allows iteration multipliers for high resolution renders.
- v1.1 – Significantly increased possible number of samples for high resolution prints.
- v1.1 – Fixed bug in which integer overflow occured with high preview and/or render multipliers.
- v1.1 – Fixed bug in progress bar didn’t update when using high preview and/or render multipliers.
- v1.1 – Pressing escape allows user to abort rendering.
- v2.0 – 64 bit release.
- v2.0 – Added diffusion.
- v2.0 – Added axis selection.
- v2.0 – Added double blend color.
- v2.1 – Cleaned up help information.
Installing this software is easy and only requires three simple steps:
1 – Download the software by clicking on the Download Demo button located above on the software page. This will prompt you to save a .zip file on your computer.
2 – Extract the contents from the .zip file and place the .8bf file into your host’s plugin folder. For instance, to install for Adobe Photoshop CS6, place the .8bf file into the location shown below. You can make a sub-folder to keep your plugins organized, such as the one below. Please make sure 64 bit plugins such as these are placed in the corresponding 64 bit Adobe Photoshop plugin folder.
If you’re using Photoshop CC (eg. version 2013 – 2019 or later), your Photoshop plug-ins are stored in a folder shared between all Photoshop CC versions shown below.
3 – Launch Adobe Photoshop, open an image and click on Filter > Richard Rosenman > Filter Name. If the filter is grayed out, it may not support your current image color depth.
If you have purchased a commercial license, please review the activation section.
This software is compatible with the following OS:
- Windows 10 Home 64 bit
- Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
- Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows 10 Education 64 bit
- Windows 8 64 bit
- Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
- Windows 8 Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bit
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
- Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
- Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit
- Windows Vista Business 64 bit
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64 bit
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit
- Windows XP 64 bit
- Windows XP Professional 64 bit
This software is compatible with the following hosts:
- Any host capable of running Adobe Photoshop 64 bit compliant plugins
- Adobe Photoshop (Version CS5 or higher, including CC) 64 bit
- Adobe Photoshop Elements (Version 13 or higher, including CC) 64 bit
- Adobe Illustrator (Version CS6 or higher, including CC) 64 bit
- Computerinsel Photoline 64 (Version 16 or higher) 64 bit
- CorelDRAW (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
- Corel Painter (Version 12.1 or higher) 64 bit
- Corel Paint Shop Pro (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
- Corel Photo-Paint (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit
- Paint.NET (with the PSFilterPdn plugin) 64 bit
- Serif PhotoPlus (Version X6 or higher) 64 bit